USA Lacrosse has begun implementing new changes to their rules regarding what shoulder pads are legally allowed to be worn in Lacrosse games. These new standards will be implemented beginning January 1, 2022. If you have any questions, there is a USA Lacrosse FAQ age that can answer many of these questions. Here is the link to that page: https://www.usalacrosse.com/lacrosse-chest-protector-faq
Here is some quick information to know for these coming changes:
- Starting January 1, 2022, Shoulder pads for BOYS must be designed for lacrosse and meet NOCSAE standard ND200.
- Starting January 1, 2022, BOYS & GIRLS goalie chest protectors must be designed for lacrosse and meet the NOCSAE standard ND200.
- All chest protectors and shoulder pads must contain the NOCSAE logo and SEI certification mark on both the packaging and the product. (Logo added below for reference)
As of the date that this page has last been updated, December 2nd, 2021, there may still be some supply chain issues when ordering gear online. With this in mind, we recommend that any gear that you may order online be ordered with plenty of time allowed before the start of the 2022 spring season in March 2022.
Here are a few places that are in Colorado that you may have some luck finding the new gear if you do not want to order online. We recommend giving any of these places a call before going to make sure they have inventory available.
- Dicks Sporting Goods (Fort Collins)
- Monkey Sports (Greenwood Village)
- Play It Again Sports (Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont)
- Lacrosse Unlimited (Highland Ranch)
For Online purchases we recommend the following: